Hope you and your families are doing well. Hope you are all doing well in Term2 and excited to have your term 2 holidays :)
Memory Verse: I hope you are all learning the Lord's prayer. We would like to see more videos of kids reciting the Lord's prayer. I Am sure everyone would have learnt it by now.
Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASXowiv3FAc (Shake yourself up and start moving).
Story: " Last week, Sue told us about how God kept his promise by giving the promised land to the Israelites people 'God gives victory'.
This week we will learn about "Follow the Lord", the last chapter of Joshua 23,24.
Please watch the youtube link to listen to the story- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79mlhz19-EE
Please do send your prayer request so we can pray along with you.
Attached are some activity sheets you can try. Take care everyone :)
1. Activity 1
2. Activity 2
KIDS CHURCH EXTENSION GROUP
Today is the last Kids' Church @ Home for this term. Like you, we are going to have a school holiday. Kids' Church will recommence on the first Sunday after the school holidays, 26th July. Unless restrictions change, next term's Kids' Church will be onsite in the church grounds while there is an onsite service in the church. For those families still choosing not to attend church I will be continuing with Kids Church @ Home.
Before I go on to today's story reflection I wish to congratulate all of you who completed last week's true & false quiz. Not all of you submitted them, but those who did gave me feedback that the questions I set were not too hard.
Also, please let us know if you can say the Lord's Prayer. Well done, Julissa.
Today, we are going to reflect upon the continuing story of the Israelites, Abraham's descendants, from 'Moses in the bullrushes" to 'Joshua's death'. We have looked at stories that are in the books of Exodus, Numbers and Joshua.
This is an overview of the stories we have done since Kids' Church @ Home began at the end of March.
- Joseph had died and the Israelites, Abraham's descendants, were living in slavery.
- Moses was born; hidden in a basket on the Nile River; found and brought up by a daughter of the Pharaoh.
- When Moses was looking after sheep and goats, God spoke to him from a 'burning bush'.
- Moses was sent to the Pharaoh to tell him 'to let God's people go!' Pharaoh refused and 10 plagues were sent to Egypt to try and persuade Pharaoh to let God's people go.
- After the last plague, the death of first born children, Pharaoh let God's people go and Moses led the Israelites out of Egypt towards the Promised Land.
- God looks after Moses and the Israelites by leading them with a cloud by day and a fire by night. God instructed Moses on how to separate the Red Sea, so that the Israelites could cross and escape Pharaoh's army.
- God provided food (manna & quail) and water for the Israelites as they followed Moses in the desert/wilderness.
- On Mt Sinai Moses received the 10 Commandments. The Israelites lost patience waiting for Moses to return from the top of the mountain and built a statue of a calf.
- To help the Israelites know that he was with them, God instructed a special tent with special furniture to be built. Exodus 40:34 "Then the cloud covered the tent and the dazzling light of the Lord's presence filled it".
- The Israelites carried the sacred tent and chest around with them. It was their reminder that God was with them.
- 12 spies, one from each tribe of the Israelites, were sent to check out the land of Canaan, the Promised Land. They returned from a 'land of milk and honey' with a huge cluster of grapes and stories of huge strong people living in strong walled cities. The Israelites became scared and lost their trust in God. They then spent the next 40 years wandering in the wilderness.
- Joshua leads the Israelites into the Promised Land, crossing the Jordan River in a similar way that their ancestors had crossed the Red Sea.
- The Israelites followed God's instructions to conquer the city of Jericho: they marched around the city for 6 days and on the 7th day they marched 7 times, sounded their ram's horns and shouted. The walls tumbled down.
- Today, Jen told us about the speech Joshua gave to the people before he died. "Be sure to always love the Lord your God."
Today's activity is a quiz on the stories we have looked at in the last 5 weeks. You will find the quiz by clicking on the following link. Click all the answers that you think are correct. There are 2 sections and the quiz will not let you go to the second section until you have answered the first section. When you get to the end click submit. You will then receive a score and you will be able to review the answers; some will give you extra feedback.
Let's finish with prayer. This is the 'Prayer 2' PowerPoint attachment.
And finally I would like to leave you with 'a blessing'. This is a Gaelic blessing ('Deep Peace') sung by a renowned British boys choir, Libera. You will also see that it has been recorded virtually, with the boys singing from their homes during COVID restrictions. I have attached the words/lyrics for you as well. Use this as a reminder that the peace of Christ is always with us.
Have a safe and enjoyable school holiday
Yours in prayer